Digital Assurance Is the New Quality Assurance for Driving Business Growth
The pandemic has affected different sectors in different ways. For example, the transformation of the digital presence and customer support of an enterprise has been reactive yet deliberate.
Customer experience or UX is the new mantra of the current economic scenario.
In an effort to enable customers to have a consistently seamless experience, most organizations are opting for ways to make the customer’s digital journey memorable.
We have seen several practical examples of the same like:
- ML led recommendation algorithms are driving the war for subscribers among OTT platforms like Netflix and Amazon prime etc.
- Up-selling and cross-selling have become rampant across all e-commerce platforms.
- Content management and learning management are helping provide an enhanced UX.
- By providing an enhanced online schooling experience e-learning provider are leveraging an otherwise stagnant market.
- Cosmetics companies are replicating the in-store experience for a customer by using AR.
Deploying agile digital assurance solutions have, thus, become critical to enhance UX. Moreover, the popularity of the DA or digital assurance market can be easily gauged from the fact that this market is predicted to register a 12.9% CAGR between 2021 and 2026.
Digital assurance as the new QA
The seismic shifts caused in e-commerce in the recent months have forced organizations to focus on ensuring consistency, relevance and effectiveness of UX.
DA is today the approach favored by most organizations to achieve an outcome that is result-oriented, desirable and effective across SMAC (social, mobile, analytics and cloud). Several reasons help to justify this decision like:
· DAis much more than testing apps across SMAC, Big Data or IoT etc. It ensures that the adopted digital transformation initiates provide the desired commercial results.
· By leveraging the omni-channel capabilities of DA, automated solutions offering better accessibility, lesser wait time and a seamless experience can be delivered.
· Digital revolution has also seen the emergence of critical security threats. Implementation of digital assurance solutions helped businesses secure financial transactions and protect critical end-user data.
Four critical steps of Digital assurance
Digital transformation was always the ultimate goal for every company. The pandemic only helped to hasten its implementation.
However, as enterprises raced towards attaining the same, several challenges, like the need for new QA methods, cropped up on the way.
While DA provided the required solution, just deploying digital assurance solutionswas not enough to ensure a fool proof framework.
The 4-phase cycle involved needed continuous and precise implementation so that operations, customer models and business as a whole could be digitally optimized.
The 4 steps involved in a digital assurance framework are:
· The first phase helped to define the complete model clearly from the top to the bottom. This ensured the consistency of the framework.
· The second phase included two critical objectives:
o Implementation of new lessons and
o Imbibing the values across a multi-channel UX.
· The third phase identified the platform or tool-set required to incorporate the above-mentioned benefits.
· The fourth and the final phase involved incessant automation to enable course correction basis the feedback given by customers.
Advantages of implementing a good digital assurance solution
Organizations benefited from adopting digital assurance solutionssince they empowered digital assets owned by the enterprise like social and mobile apps, AI led chatbots, AR tools, microsite etc., with the following capabilities:
· Reachability: Organizations need to be reachable across all search engines and social channels etc., so customers can find them. Their marketing teams also benefit from the available analytics.
· Responsiveness: Statistics show that over 40% of customer dropouts are a result of the poor performance of the company’s digital assets. Being responsive across devices, mobile networks and geographies helped to reduce this Customer experience.
· Appeal: Even the face of a brand is considered a digital asset of a company.
The appeal of a company’s digital assets should never be underrated when it comes to critical elements like visual integrity, alignment and consistency.
· Right content: It has been said that content is king. What the customers read impacts them deeply and hence content uploaded on websites should be concise and readable.
No chances should be taken with content management. They should also be objectively reviewed based on the relevant industry benchmarks.
- UX: It is critical to ensure a low-click user experience across all digital journeys they undertake. CI/CD processes will also benefit if the company sets a predefined benchmark to score UX.
- Continuous Automation: Every change that any of the digital assets experience needs to be tested automatically and constantly.
- Functionality: This is the focal point for most CXOs. The fact that this needs reiteration proves how important the desired functionality is for the company.
Enterprises have become very innovative in finding ways to deliver superlative services to customers.
Those who have understood the value of providing a good UX are already reaping the benefits of a digitally mature and agile system.
For others, the pandemic has provided the perfect opportunity to begin their UX focused digital journey.
Thus, digital assurance is here to stay and the implementation of digital assurance solutions is no longer a luxury, it is the demand of the market.