Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
How to fix an “Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration”
The Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration is a common error within your internet connection. By which your device can’t be assigned an IP address and therefore, cannot access the internet.
When you received the error message Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration that means your Ethernet connection no longer has a valid IP configuration and failed to receive the IP address from the server.
If you are having that error then don’t worry it’s common and we are here to share some fixes with you that will help you to fix the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error.
How to fix Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP configuration error
This error could occur due to various issues like an incorrect network configuration error etc. But they also have some easy fixes.
Restart your Router/Modem
This is the simplest solution that would help you to fix the Ethernet that doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
Restart your router or modem and computer to fix this error. After restarting it simply follow these tricks to avoid the error
- After you restart the device simply unplug the router and leave it unplugged for some time like it’s recommended to wait at least 2 to 5 minutes to ensure a restart.
- Then plug in back, start it.
- Now check that if the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error has been fixed or not.
Update network adapter driver
A driver is a translation between the software and hardware. If the authentic or proper driver is not installed then it will cause Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. To fix this error you can update or reinstall the network adapter driver.
- Open the search bar of your device click on the start button then select the device manager.
- Then you will find network adapters click on the networking device then uninstall it from the menu.
- To update network adapter drivers simply follow the same steps but choosing the update driver option from the menu.
Reset the TCP/IP
This is the transmission control protocol commonly referred to as TCP/IP sett allows computers to communicate on the internet.
- The execute netsh commands into the command prompt.
- Type command prompt in search bar select run as administrator to reach it with administrative privileges.
- Now In elevated command prompt window type
- Netsh Winsock reset
- Netsh int IP reset.
Now command prompt displays a message to restart the computer to reset it and see that the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error is now fixed or not.
Configure the TCP/IP setting manually
After resetting the TCP/IP couldn’t help to resolve the error then you can also try this step to avoid the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error.
- Press the start menu to select the run option from the menu in the Run dialog box type the keyword ncpa.cpl command then press the enter key it will open the network connection window
- Find the Ethernet connection and then select Properties from the menu now look for internet protocol version 6(TCP/IPv6) or version 4(TCP/IPv4).
- Now select one of them and click on properties if configured IP address unable to connect to the internet and you receive the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. Try to switch to the obtained IP address automatically and DNS server address automatically then click ok and restart the computer to see if the solution fixes the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configurations error.
Clear network cache
The method clear network cache use ipconfig commands in command prompt ipconfig tool is an IP network configuration tool. By clearing the network cache, you can easily avoid the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration.
- By using this the tool, you can easily reset the contents of the DNS client recovers cache
- You can also renew DHCP configuration
- When you open command prompt administration then type the commands below and now just enter the following terms
When these commands will be executed then you can restart the computer to confirm that the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error has gone or it still exists. If not then you can try other methods mentioned below.
Assign a mac address to your device
Assigning a MAC address can also resolve this error a MAC address is a device identifier to the global network to which it is connected it is also possible that Ethernet when not getting an IP configuration which is the cause of MAC address conflict.
- When you will administrate open command prompt then enter IPconfig/all
- Now look for the network adapter and search its physical address value and write its value into your router or modem and then enter the MAC address.
After changing the MAC address surely, the error would be resolved by using this method you can easily fix the error.
Disable the antivirus
Sometimes the antivirus software could be the cause of Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. When you install antivirus software sometimes it can be quite disturbing for you and causes different errors. To avoid this, you can easily use the last tip that is disabling the antivirus
- By disabling antivirus software temporarily or by uninstalling it you can easily get rid of Ethernet that doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error.
If you are looking for a way to avoid Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error. Then you can use these amazing tips. if one tip doesn’t work for you then you have many other options to apply and fix the error.
- Restart your router/modem
- Update network adapter driver
- Reset the TCP/IP
- Configure the TCP/IP setting manually
- Clear network cache
- Assign a mac address to your device
- Disable the antivirus
These seven methods will definitely going to help you to find out fixes to get rid of Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error.