Are you unable to uninstall an app from your Windows computer because of the Please Wait Until the Current Program is Finished Uninstalling or Being Changed error?
Don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this blog post, we’ll show you a few troubleshooting steps that should fix the problem. Keep in mind that these steps may vary depending on your version of Windows. Let’s get started!
1. Restart your computer and try uninstalling the program again. Sometimes a simple restart can fix the Please Wait Until the Current Program is Finished Uninstalling or Being Changed error.
2. Check for updates and install them if available. This will ensure that any issue with Windows or with your uninstaller program is fixed before attempting to uninstall the app again.
3. Use an alternative program for uninstalling apps. If the Please Wait Until the Current Program is Finished Uninstalling or Being Changed error persists, you can try using a third-party uninstaller such as Revo Uninstaller Pro or Geek Uninstaller.
These programs are designed to help you uninstall programs quickly and easily.
4. Use the Windows Registry Editor to manually delete the app’s registry entries. Please note that this is an advanced troubleshooting step and should only be attempted by experienced users.
Please make sure to back up your system before proceeding with this step.
5. Try using System Restore to restore your system to a previous point when the Please Wait Until the Current Program is Finished Uninstalling or Being Changed error was not present.
This will help you restore any settings that were changed before the issue began.
To uninstall apps from the Settings page:
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Open the Applications tab in the left pane.
- Then click Apps & features to view all installed apps.
- Scroll or search for the app you want to install.
- Click the three-dot menu next to the app, then
Restart the Windows Explorer process in Task Manager
To end the Windows Explorer process:
- Press Win + X to open the WinX menu.
- Click Task Manager to open the application.
- On the Processes tab, locate and select the Windows Explorer process. Then click the Restart button in the lower right corner.
- Close Task Manager and try uninstalling the program to see if the error goes away.
Run the install and uninstall troubleshooter
- Open the Program Installation and Uninstallation Troubleshooter page and click the Download Troubleshooter link.
- Run the troubleshooter and click Yes when prompted by UAC.
- Click Next and then select Uninstall.
- Troubleshooter analyzes and lists the programs installed on your computer. Select the app you want to uninstall and click Next.
- Click Yes, try uninstall. The troubleshooter looks for common problems and tries to uninstall the selected app.
- If the uninstallation is successful, the status message is Fixed. Click Close and open Programs and Features to see if the app has been uninstalled.
Re-register the Windows Installer service
Follow these steps to re-register the Windows Installer service.
- Press Win key and type cmd. Then right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type the following command to unregister the Windows Installer service and press Enter to run:
- msiexec /unreg
- Then type the following command to re-register the Windows Installer service and press Enter to run:
- msiexec /regserver
- Close the command prompt and try uninstalling the program to see if the error is resolved.
Uninstall the app in safe mode
- Press Win + I to open the Settings app.
- Open the System tab in the left pane.
- Scroll down and click Recovery in the right pane.
- Click Restart Now to switch to advanced startup.
- Windows 11 Advanced Boot
- Click Restart Now to confirm the action.
- From the recovery menu, click Troubleshoot.
- Under Troubleshooting, click Advanced. advanced boot option settings
- Then, under Advanced Options, click Startup Settings.
10. On the Startup Settings screen, click Restart.
11. Boot settings in safe mode
12. After loading the boot settings menu, press 4 to enter safe mode. Your computer will restart in Safe Mode.
13. After rebooting, you can see Safe Mode stuck full screen. Try uninstalling the program and see if there are any improvements.
14. When finished, restart your computer normally to exit Safe Mode.
Uninstall using a third-party uninstaller
- Download and install Revo Uninstaller. You can also download the portable version if you don’t want to install another app on your computer.
- Run Revo Uninstaller and wait while it scans your system for installed applications.
- Then select the application you want to uninstall and click the Uninstall button on the toolbar.
- Click Uninstall to confirm the action.
- Then click Next and then Scan.
- Click Remove to remove the remaining files of the uninstalled program.
- Click Finish to close the uninstaller.
These are a few troubleshooting steps to fix the Please Wait Until the Current Program is Finished Uninstalling error in Windows. Try each step and see if it helps.
If the error persists, you can try using a third-party uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller to delete programs from your computer. This should help you uninstall apps in Windows with ease. Good luck!
Read More: How to make a Finsta? And why you need this a Whole guide 2023