Many people around the world use Avast Antivirus to protect their systems. Occasionally, Avast Cleanup Premium or Avast Antivirus fails to load, displaying the following error message:
- We were unable to load our screen
- Sorry, we’ve crashed
You can’t use the various programs and features offered by the antivirus program when the “Avast UI failed to load” error occurs, rendering it nearly useless. Therefore, this issue should be fixed as soon as possible for the good of your PC.
A conflict with Windows services may be to blame for this issue. Follow the steps in this article to reinstall the product, or set the relevant Windows services to run automatically. Let’s discuss how to resolve avast’s UI crash issue across products in this article.
What Causes The Avast UI Crash Error?
You can effectively protect your computer against viruses and malware by using the antivirus program Avast. However, many users have experienced issues related to this error.
Avast UI does not load error is often caused by a corrupted installation or a module conflict. The following are the most common causes of this error.
Remote Desktop Services:
They let you connect to another computer and control it. Windows 10 computers that do not have this service may not be able to start Avast UI.
There may also be issues with “Avast could not boot” if the installation files are corrupted or missing.
These programs have a conflict with Avast leading to this error.
The following content contains relevant solutions based on the above analysis. Let’s get started.
Best Methods to Resolve the issue of Avast UI Crash
Restart Remote Desktop Services
For Avast Antivirus to function on Microsoft Windows 10, Remote Desktop Services must be installed. To fix this issue, you must change the default behavior of Remote Desktop Services so that the Avast UI appears.
- To open the Services console, press Windows+S, type services, and then select Open.
- You can now find Remote Desktop Services down there. Right-click this option and then select the option of Properties afterward.
- You can now switch the Startup type in the general tab from manual to automatic.
- Once the Startup type is set to Automatic, select Start to start the service status to running.
- Start your computer again.
- The Avast user interface can be launched through the system tray or from the Start menu.
Set Avast Services to Run Automatically
It can be because a misconfigured Avast service is preventing Avast’s software from loading. The following steps must be followed from the Administrator account to correct this issue:
- To do this, you must first press the Windows key and the “R” key simultaneously and then you have to type “services.MSC.” You’ll be directed to the service console.
- Right-click Avast Antivirus or Avast Cleanup Premium, then select Properties in the newly opened window.
- Lastly, select Automatic as the “Startup type” from the “General” tab, and click “Apply.
- On the “General” tab, select Automatic as the “Startup type”, and then click “Apply.”
- Now in order to close the window click on the options “Start” and “OK” after you have stopped the service.
- Once again, select “Automatic” under “Startup type.
- Now restart the PC to allow the changes to correct the problem.
Restart your Avast Anti-Virus program
- Press Windows+R at the same time, and you will be able to open the “Run” dialog box.
- In the box, type services.MSC and press click the option of entering.
- Select Remote Desktop Services from the console
- Last but not least, double-click on it and choose “Automatic”.
- You will need to restart your computer after you have completed these steps and then open Avast. This error will hopefully not recur.
Updating Or Repairing Avast
- To access the Applications and Features menu, press Windows+X.
- Search for problems caused by Avast Antivirus on your computer.
- Click on the Uninstall button. Now update it by following the commands given on the screen.
- After you restart the computer, download the Avast interface from the Avast website.
- Reinstall Avast after you uninstall it
- Avast can be uninstalled with the Avast uninstaller.
- You can start Windows 10 in a safe mode by clicking Yes on the Safe Mode menu.
- To confirm, click Yes once more.
- A reboot will take place and the operating system will be booted in safe mode.
- Once the operating system has been booted in safe mode, the removal program for Avast should appear.
- Find the directory where Avast was installed and select it.
- Select the uninstall option. Reboot Windows 10 normally by choosing Reboot computer.
- You can reinstall Avast by downloading and running the installer.
- You must re-authenticate your Avast account if you are using the paid version
Update Windows 10
The latest version of Windows 10 is required if Avast Antivirus UI does not work. Your computer should then be able to run the program without any system-related issues. Keeping Windows 10 up-to-date is a good idea, even if Avast works just fine.
- Navigate to the Settings section by clicking the Start button.
- Click the Update & Security tab.
- To install the latest Windows 10 updates, choose
- Check for updates and then download and install.
Free antivirus programs like Avast are among the most widely used in the world. The cleaning algorithm is very good, and it has a variety of features.
When it comes to removing potentially harmful files from your computer, you can trust Avast as free antivirus software. With the best solutions above listed, we hope you will be able to fix the Avast UI Failed to Load error.