How to connect AirPods to your Chromebook (Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Chromebook) Best Guide
Although AirPods are designed for Apple devices, they can also be used with non-Apple devices, such as Google’s Chromebook.
Although AirPods can be connected to Chromebooks, this process isn’t as straightforward. But don’t worry! We’ll show you how to connect AirPods to your Chromebook.
All you have to do is follow each step. Let’s move on to the second problem, “Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Chromebook”? If the AirPods do not work with the Chromebook, there is likely a problem with the connection.
Make sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your iOS device or Mac. The AirPods may not connect with the Chromebook if Bluetooth is turned off.
It may also be a good idea to reset your AirPods and try to connect again afterward. Now Let’s Discuss these two important topics in detail.
How to Connect Your AirPods to Your Chromebook
Traditionally, Apple AirPods are just for use with Apple products. However, some devices, such as Chromebooks, can also pair with AirPods via Bluetooth setting.
Chromebooks can be connected to AirPods by turning on Bluetooth. This is how you can connect your AirPods to a Chromebook:
- Select the Menu option from the Chromebook screen. From this menu, you can access Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and notifications among other things.
- Choose Bluetooth from the list of options, and then enable Bluetooth if it is not already on. With Bluetooth turned on, Chromebooks automatically find wireless devices.
- Make sure to have your AirPods and charging case handy.
- If the AirPods don’t automatically show up in the Chromebook’s Bluetooth list, then you need to press and hold the Setup button located on the Chromebook’s back.
- The AirPods will be detected on your Chromebook shortly.
- Select the AirPods from the Bluetooth Available Devices list on the Chromebook. Whenever a Chromebook prompt appears, confirm it.
- AirPods and Chromebook have been paired.
How to Disconnect Apple AirPods From a Chromebook
There are two ways you can disconnect AirPods from Chromebook.
- First is to turn off your Chromebook’s Bluetooth connection.
- The second method involves pressing and holding the Pair button on the AirPods case.
Why won’t my AirPods connect to my Chromebook? Easy Solution
Airpod users probably have dealt with this issue before. Or maybe you’re having this problem right now. It’s not a huge deal, but it’s frustrating when AirPods don’t work with Chromebooks.
Whether you’re watching a movie or listening to a song, wasting time connecting your AirPods is annoying. There are a lot of reasons for this issue. But you don’t need to worry as we will discuss all the reasons as well as their solutions.
- Issues with connectivity
- Software updates for Chromebook OS are pending
- A nearby device such as an iPhone or iPad could have connected to the AirPods
- Settings for audio output are incorrect
- An empty or low battery
You don’t have to worry if that happens. Check out how to get your AirPods to work with Chromebooks. Let’s get started.
- Retry your connection
- Keep your Chromebook up to date
- Make sure AirPods aren’t connected to iOS Devices
- Reset your AirPods
- Control audio output
Check Bluetooth Setting
Your Chromebook may not be able to detect or connect to your AirPods because of problems with Bluetooth connectivity. Simply turn off and on Bluetooth again, then retry connecting.
By resetting Bluetooth, you may be able to fix slow connectivity issues and clear any temporary bugs. Here is how you can turn off Bluetooth on your Chromebook:
- Click on the network icon on your screen to access the quick settings menu. Choose Bluetooth.
- Then turn off the Bluetooth.
- Once again, turn on Bluetooth and try to connect your Air Pods to your Chromebook as mentioned above.
Update your Chromebook OS
Chromebooks may not work if their OS version is outdated or they have pending or unfinished software updates. This can adversely affect other functions, including Bluetooth connectivity and audio output.
The Chromebook will work better if the OS is updated. You can check for updates manually by doing this:
- Make sure you’ve got a good internet connection on your Chromebook.
- Choose Settings from the quick settings menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on About Chrome OS. You’ll see what version you’re using.
- Then click Check for updates. An automatic download will take place if there are any updates available.
- Chromebooks must restart after installing a software update.
- The notification panel will display an “Update available” notification. By selecting “Restart to Update,” the system will restart, and the update will be installed.
Make sure AirPods aren’t connected to iOS Devices
It is not possible to connect your Chromebook to your AirPods because of pre-existing connections with iOS devices. Since AirPods connect better and faster to iOS devices, they may compete with Chromebooks.
Upon opening the charging case, the AirPods will automatically re-connect with any nearby iOS device.
Since AirPods can only connect to one device at a time, you may have trouble connecting them to your Chromebook if you have another iOS device paired. If you are using Apple’s iOS system, this is how you can forget your AirPods:
- Sync the AirPods with your iOS device
- Select Bluetooth from the Settings menu on your iOS device.
- Then click More info.
- Tap the Forget This Device button twice to confirm.
- As a result, your AirPods will be disconnected from all iOS devices that are associated with your Apple ID.
Reset the AirPods
When you have tried the above solutions but still cannot connect your AirPods to your Chromebook, you may need to reset them. When the AirPods are reset, all current connections are erased from their memory.
Thus, you will be able to connect to your Chromebook without any connectivity issues. Additionally, it solves audio and charging problems. Here’s a quick guide to resetting your AirPods:
- Leave your AirPods in the charging case with the lid open.
- You will find the Setup button behind the AirPods case.
- Press the Setup button for 15 seconds or until the amber status light changes to white.
- Now close the lid of the charging case.
- The AirPods have now been reset to their factory settings.
- Restart your Chromebook after you reset the AirPods and complete the pairing process.
Resetting AirPods Max is a little different. Here’s how to do it:
- Hold the Digital Crown and Noise Control button for 15 seconds or until you see an amber light flashing.
- As soon as the LED becomes white, release the buttons.
- The AirPods Max has now been fully reset.
Control audio output
The audio output on your Chromebook refers to the channel through which it plays audio. It can be the internal speakers, headphones, or an external monitor.
Your Chromebook may be set up for a different audio output if your AirPods don’t play. Luckily, you can just go to your Chromebook’s Audio Settings and select the AirPods. Here is how:
- Click the network icon on the bottom right of your screen to open the quick settings menu.
- Next to the volume slider is a headphone symbol. Click this headphone icon.
- You will see several output options, including wired headphones, Bluetooth accessories, and external monitor speakers, in the Audio settings menu.
- You can choose both audio output and input devices.
- Choose AirPods as your audio output device.
- Now you can listen to anything playing on your Chromebook with AirPods.
Although AirPods are best suited to Apple users, there are ways to use them on Chromebooks despite compatibility issues.
Make sure that your Chromebook supports Bluetooth capabilities, and you’re ready to go! You can now use AirPods with your Chromebook.
We hope this guide saved you the unnecessary expense of buying a new pair of headphones. Even though some of the features are missing, we hope you enjoy the listening experience.